Laser distance sensor is a modern tool that uses laser for measurement, and it can measure the target more accurately. The distance measurement sensor can emit a laser beam when measuring. When it touches the target, the laser beam will be reflected back, and the distance of the target can be calculated by using the speed of light and the reflection time. The speed of laser propagation is very fast, and the light will not be affected by other external factors during the propagation process, so the trajectory of laser propagation is generally straight, so the measurement error is relatively small, and its measurement speed is very fast, accurate measurements can be made in just a few seconds. The laser infrared distance sensor can quickly and accurately measure the distance to the target, and the measurement results can be transmitted to the surrounding devices with RS485 protocol interface through the RS485 interface of the laser measurement sensor for detection, control and other applications. The control of the sensor can also be accomplished through a computer, PLC, industrial computer or other devices connected to it.
Seakeda laser range sensors are rugged, accurate, cost-effective and easy to integrate into most customers' control systems.
• Wide temperature range available from -10 to +50 °C
• Measuring distance up to 100m
• Accuracy up to 3mm over the entire range
• Fast measurement at 3 Hz
• Multiple outputs with built-in standards: UART TTL, RS232, RS485, Analog, Digital
|Laser Grade||Class 2||Communication Mode||Serial Communication, UART|
|Laser Type||620~690nm,<1mW||Interface||RS485(TTL/USB/RS232/ Bluetooth can be customized)|
|Working Voltage||5~32V||Working Temperature||0~40℃(Wide temperature -10 ℃ ~ 50 ℃ can be customized)|
|Measuring Time||0.4~4s||Storage Temperature||-25℃-~60℃|
1. Under bad measure condition, like environment with strong light or the diffuse reflectance of measuring point over-high or low, the accuracy would have bigger amount of error: ±3 mm± 50PPM.
2. Under strong light or bad diffuse reflectance of target, please use a reflection board
3. Operating temperature -10 ℃~50 ℃ can be customized
4. 150m can be customized
Uses of long-distance laser rangefindar sensor:
1. Device positioning.
2. Measure the material level of the material bag.
3. Measure the object distance and object height on the conveyor belt.
4. Measure the log diameter.
5. Protect overhead cranes from collisions.
6. Anti-collision for industrial robots.
7. Non-contact hole depth measurement.
8. Tunnel distance deformation monitoring.
9. Monitoring the moving position of large machinery and equipment.
There are two measurement modes: single measurement and continuous measurement.
Single Measurement Orders one result at a time for a measurement.
If the host does not interrupt the continuous measurement, the continuous measurement distance results will continue to be returned. To interrupt the continuous measurement, the host needs to send 1 byte of 0x58 (the uppercase character 'X' in ASCII) during the measurement.
Each measurement mode has three working modes:
In automatic mode, the module returns measurement results and signal quality (SQ), smaller SQ values represent more reliable distance results, in this mode the module adjusts the reading speed according to the laser reflection level.
Slow mode for more precision.
Fast mode, higher frequency, lower precision.
|1-shot||1-shot Auto||1-shot Slow||1-shot Fast|
|Continuous||Continuous Auto||Continuous Slow||Continuous Fast|
1. What measurement techniques does Seakeda use?
Seakeda accurate distance measurement sensor is based on phase measurement, pulse measurement and TOF measurement principles.
2. Can Seakeda send analog signals?
Yes, we can add a digital to analog converter to the sensor.
3. What are good/usual measurement conditions for laser distance sensors?
The reflective target has good reflective properties, which means that the laser is reflected in a diffuse way instead of direct reflection; the spot brightness of the laser is higher than the brightness of the surrounding environment; the operating temperature is within the allowable temperature range of 0~40°C (customizable -10~ 50°C)